An elevated and renovated character home that maintains its heritage charm but has been expanded and modernised to suit 21st century living. Retaining an array of period detailing and boasting a self-contained studio below, this flexible floor plan is sure to accommodate large families and dual living.
Entering the top level via the enclosed sunroom, you are immediately struck by the stunning character details. Adorned with polished timber flooring throughout, VJ walls, French doors, high 3 metre ceilings, character arches, plantation shutters and a leadlight front door, it will feel as if you’ve entered an era gone by.
Yet continue through the hallway via the central lounge with its elegant chandeliers and you move into a large modern kitchen and dining area featuring wrap around benchtops, breakfast bar, servery window and stainless steel appliances including 90cm ILVE oven with gas stove top.
Creating a seamless connection from indoors to out, the north-facing deck with retractable shade sails and ceiling fan extends out via bi-fold doors. Capturing cooling breezes and overlooking the secure backyard with plenty of room for kids to play, this outdoor retreat harnesses the best of the Queensland lifestyle.
Completing the upper floor are three generous bedrooms and a family bathroom with shower-over-bath and double sink. Two of the bedrooms include large walk-in robes, while the master bedroom also boasts an ensuite. All 3 upstairs bedrooms have multiple access points including French doors that provide the house with incredible versatility. Split system air conditioning/heating is also provided in each room.
Positioned downstairs, a self-contained studio with private entry is ideal for grandparents, nanny/au pair, older children, guests, home office or rental purposes. The studio features a stylish design, fully-equipped kitchen and modern ensuite bathroom. This is dual living at its finest.
The house is located on a highly sought after street that borders Dutton Park. Unlike most of Annerley, it is in the coveted Dutton Park State School zone and, from 2021, the new Inner City South State Secondary College zone. The property is well situated for access to the city, Southbank, University of Queensland and the North side with nearby Dutton Park train station (and soon the much-publicised Cross River rail), Pacific Motorway, Clem Jones tunnel, Green Bridge and multiple bikeways. Closer to home, a shopping centre is just 3 minutes’ walk and numerous playgrounds, café/restaurant precincts and even the ‘Gabba are also within walking distance. This is inner city living at its finest.
Summary of key features:
• Stunning character home features including VJ walls, character arches, French doors and leadlight windows
• 3 metre ceilings throughout upper level
• Double remote-controlled garage with built-in storage
• Open-plan dining area with large entertainer kitchen with timber bi-folds onto a large north-facing partially covered deck
• Large back yard with plenty of room for kids to play
• Split system air-conditioning throughout
• 4 bedrooms including studio apartment, 2 with walk-in-robes
• 3 modern bathrooms (1 family and 2 ensuite)
• Enclosed front sunroom with plantation shutters
• Polished timber floors throughout
• Large laundry accessed via deck
• Coveted school zones and close to University of Queensland
• Perfect location for amenities, entertainment and accessing various parts of Brisbane